Cycle is a media company where culture comes first. Cycle creates and distributes premium, authentic content through its popular network of channels and via collaborations with over 3,000 exclusively managed professional athletes and influencers. Cycle’s content garners over 250 million views per month, while its talent network commands an additional 3 billion. Cycle works with brands and media agencies to evolve the traditional publisher model by delivering cultural relevance, meaningful engagement, premium content, and talent endorsements--all as working media. Partners only pay for guaranteed, targeted reach, with production and talent offered added value.
Cycle is seeking an Editor with excellent editing skills, long and short form, who can edit at all levels. Must be comfortable with writing and concepting ideas on their own. Must have a strong understanding of and involvement with pop culture. The Editor will write features for Cycle Editorial. We are seeking an editor with excellent news judgment and an ability to ensure high editorial and research standards under tight deadlines.
Ongoing responsbilites include:
- Write original scripts, and copy for Cycle Editorial posts that will live across multiple social channels
- Develop original content ideas for Cycle Editorial centered around cultural moments; includes Music, Entertainment, Fashion and Pop Culture
- Work with Cycle Editorial teams to develop content publishing plans and editorial calendars
- Ensure all photos, music, and video assets are properly credited and licensed
- Serve as a best in class team expert on all cultural topics to help guide Cycle Editorials content plans
- Execute small graphic design projects utilizing Adobe Creative Suite programs as necessary
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications, or similar
- 1+ years of writing experience, preferably for a culture/entertainment focused platform
- 1+ years of developing original content, either in written or video form
- Strong knowledge of culture, fashion, pop culture, and entertainment moments past and present
- Experience working with design software and graphics editing and video editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to work nights/weekends as needed
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Strong creative skills and problem-solving aptitude
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!