VP of Development
Cycle is one of the fastest growing media companies of 2017, already making a huge impact on internet culture with viral content and breakthrough branded content collaborations. Cycle is seeking a Head of Development to lead content strategy, including setting overall creative direction and development of content, streamlining internal production operations, and managing daily operations of the editorial and production teams.
This is an ideal role for an experienced media leader looking for a fast paced, high growth opportunity. This is the perfect role for you if you’ve built and managed programming teams, want to work with extremely passionate people, understand content and social media, and think traditional advertising is antiquated and in need of new solutions. You should be someone who can build the foundations of a rock star team and elevate Cycles current content to new heights.
- Lead and develop original content from concept to production, as well as set overall creative and strategic direction of Cycle content
- Evaluate potential show ideas, develop launch strategies for new and existing programs, and oversee logistics from development to launch
- Build, implement, and improve internal processes and structures for both staffing and production operations
- Provide leadership and guidance on operational activities including annual planning, and developing budgets and production timelines
- 8+ years experience in Development or Programming at an agency, network, or media company
- Successfully led the development of new content that was compelling and resonated with key audiences on a national scale
- Effectively managed the process of simultaneously launching multiple new shows and programs
- Demonstrated experience identifying and solving key challenges in programming and production
- Solid understanding of the production process, including costs, timelines, and production cycles on strict deadlines
- Managed a robust editorial or production team
- An understanding of the social media landscape
- Enthusiastic about popular culture in subjects ranging from politics, sports, music, fashion and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent verbal presentation skills – must have experience presenting to high level clients with complete composure
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy
- Innate curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in media, a must
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!