Cycle is looking for an Editorial Director to join its Editorial department. The Editorial Director will be responsible for overseeing junior Editors while upholding editorial tone and style across all channels. You should be pop culture obsessed, have a way with words, and have the ability to lead a team.
- Manage and serve as lead Editor: includes substantive editing, proofing, as well as working 1:1 with the writers on our team to help bring their ideas to life
- Create, edit and share informative and engaging articles daily that will build relevant connections and encourage the Cycle community to get involved
- Ensure the daily production of stories are perceived as informative, timely, refreshing and fun while simultaneously maintaining the general theme and flux
- Handle the day to day logistics of managing editorial staff
- Attend all brainstorms and contribute to team goals
- Help generate pitched ideas and content in a way that promotes maximum influence
- Maintain editorial/content calendar
- Oversee the progress of each feature from inception to completion ensuring thematic and tonal consistency between Cycle Media’s written and video components
- Use intuition and industry standards to analyze social data/metrics and take initiative to respond accordingly
- Must have 6+ years writing/editing experience
- Be an expert user of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- Experience managing editorial teams and mentoring junior staff
- Must be obsessive about popular culture in subjects ranging from politics, sports, music, fashion and technology
- Good judgement and high editorial standards; a strong sense for story structure and a firm grasp of grammar
- Experience with multitasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort delivering both positive feedback and constructive criticism to the team
- Be a go-getter with a positive attitude that works collaboratively with a team
- Possess a genuine passion and strong sense for short-form storytelling with an ability to articulate with a distinctive voice
- Organized and process-driven mindset
- Ability to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure
- Rockstar presentation skills
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!