Cycle seeks a Production Manager to join our team in Brooklyn. The production manager works with producers and line producers on prepping upcoming shoots as well as wrapping completed shoots. This involves working with the line producer on drafting initial budgets as well as tracking and coding expenses to existing budgets. In addition, the PM is responsible for planning the schedule and logistics of upcoming projects; scheduling, crewing, securing gear and supplies, organizing travel, and interfacing with department heads to ensure that they get what they need before the shoot. The PM, with the help of the LP, will negotiate and firm rates for all approved crew and vendors.
On set, the production manager will manage the production team. Their primary responsibility is to ensure that the day runs smoothly, safely, on-time, and within budget. The production manager directly oversees the production coordinator and production assistants. The production manager, along with the production coordinator, are expected to be first-in, last-out on shoots.
Production managers are expected to be self-sufficient and proactive. They will be able to forecast any hiccups in upcoming projects and troubleshoot ways to negate them before they occur. They will be expected to take the initiative in prepping and planning shoots, but will also be flexible to make necessary changes to plans throughout the production process.
- Work with line producer on drafting initial budgets and versioning upcoming projects
- Work with producers to create production schedules for upcoming projects
- Work with producers and creative to build production-facing shot lists
- Source crew and vendors, negotiate pay for labor, rentals, and purchases
- Hold and book crew
- Oversee booking of locations, ensure proper permissions, permitting, and insurance
- Track and actualize invoices and payroll from shoots
- Prior to booking, confirm whether crew is payroll, a loan-out, or invoicing, and that they understand what each entail
- Oversee production coordinator; ensure that all work is correct, including crew start paperwork; time cards; petty cash/Amex reports; and call sheets
- Ensure that prior to shoot, all personnel involved understand who, what, when, where, and how the shoot will be executed and what the shoot day will look like.
- Assist line producer with duties as needed
- Assist with Payroll Needs per our Payroll accountant
- Ensure that location or set is prepped and ready for crew and equipment to arrive prior to call time
- Manage production budget and schedule, keep production team informed of any delays, issue, or budget overages.
- Oversee and manage logistics for crew, vendors, and equipment. Ensure all arrive on time and on budget (Track & report any OT accrued, IF OT cannot be avoided)
- On-site contact for studio and locations
- Track all releases - appearance, locations, etc. Ensure that they are complete and correct
- Manage production coordinators and PAs, making sure that they have assigned duties, understand them, and are executing them
- With coordinator, track crew calls, in, and out times.
- Complete and/or sign-off on end of day production reports
- Ensure that all insurance, safety rules, copyright laws, and union agreements are followed
- Resolve problems that arise on set
- 2+ years of experience as a production coordinator
- Heavy experience in payroll
- Comfortability with spreadsheets and formulas
- Experience in budgeting all stages of production from micro amounts to upwards of several hundred thousand.
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize work and multitask over a wide range of responsibilities
- Stamina for long days in the office and in the field
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels
- Have a large network of vendors, crew, locations, and talent that can be utilized for projects
- Experience with short-form digital content - photo, video, and everything in-between
- Proficiency in G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, DropBox and other digital organizational methods
- Experience in scheduling using Google Calendars and other programs
Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401(k) and much more!