Seeking freelance Production Manager local to NYC to join rapidly growing Production department for social media agency, focusing on digital content production. Production Manager will be assigned to a production team along with a Producer and other team members to execute various types of high volume projects in an ongoing manner.
This position will be expected to manage all aspects of their assigned projects and deliver on schedule and under budget. Ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills with great attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, be self-motivated with ability to prioritize work and multitask over a wide range of responsibilities, have a demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure.
Travel is Required.
● Perform all duties of a Production Manager as commonly known in the media production industry, which includes but is not limited to: creating budgets, tracking costs, distributing and reconciling petty cash, creating call sheets, hiring crew, booking talent, securing locations, negotiating rates of vendors, cost reporting, etc.
● Manage a team of creative and production oriented members
● Oversee multiple ongoing production projects at a by-client level
● Delegate to the assigned Coordinators on each project to ensure proper and effective execution of each production
● Work within deadlines to deliver all necessary items to accounts teams
● 3+ years in the content production field
● Stamina for long days in the office and in the field
● Have a large network of vendors, crew, locations, and talent that can be utilized for
● Experience with short-form digital content - photo, video, and everything in-between
● Experience in budgeting all stages of production from micro amounts to upwards of
several hundred thousand.
● Experience in scheduling using Google Calendars and other programs
● Experience with DropBox and other digital organizational methods